Taught by a Family Nurse Practitioner and Certified Lactation Consultant.
- Health benefits for both mothers and babies from breastfeeding
- Anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding
- Explanation of how our bodies make milk
- Breastfeeding in the first hour of life after delivery
- Skin-to-skin contact with your baby after delivery and beyond
- Initiating and sustaining a successful latch
- Positioning your baby during breastfeeding
- Pumping and safe storage of breast milk
- When to bottle feed or supplement for your baby
- How to troubleshoot common breastfeeding challenges
Review our complete curriculum listed below for a full list of topics.